My Creations

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIY Bulletin Board

 I made this easy-to-make bulletin board for my room (you may have noticed it in the picture below in my "Ribbon Spool Organizer" Tutorial).  The best thing is that you can customize it to your liking.  Bulletin boards don't always have to be brown and corked! ;) 

All you need is the following:
  • Canvas (any size you want; mine is 8"x10" and I got it from the dollar store for $2)
  • Heavy Duty Stapler (preferably a staple gun but my regular stapler did the job)
  • Fabric of your choice (about 3-4 inches wider and longer than the canvas)
  • Pretty Push Pins
  • Ribbon (optional)
To get started:
  1. Place right side of the fabric facing down on the desk. 
  2. Put the front side of the canvas on top of the fabric and fold fabric over to cover the sides and back of the canvas. 
  3. Staple the fabric down and repeat all the way around the canvas.
  4. Tuck excess fabric underneath the wooden part of the canvas.
  5. Add ribbon and push pins. 
Ta-Da!!  See how easy that was?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment