My Creations

Monday, September 6, 2010

How to organize your ribbons - Ribbon Spool Organizer Tutorial

What you see here is a picture of my craft desk. This is where I create all my jewelries, iPhone cases, and cards. I painted the desk and shelf a pretty cotton candy pink.  I turned the shelf into a ribbon holder as well.  I used to store my ribbons in a shoe box but I like it this way a lot better.  It's much more easily accessible and does not take up as much space.

RIBBON HOLDER HOW TO:
All you need is the following: 
  • Wall shelf (I bought mine from IKEA and painted it with two layers of paint.  You can always find a good deal on Craigslist.  In fact, that's where I bought my desk which I painted pink).
  • Curtain pole (pick the skinniest one available at the hardware store - mine is about 1cm in diameter)
  •  Electric Drill
  •  Hammer & Nails 
















Making it is easy!  All you need to do is to drill a hole to the side of both brackets (make sure the drilled hole is big enough for the pole to go through!), mount the shelf, and start putting your ribbon spools onto the curtain pole!! ^___^

Check out my store, I'm always posting new items!!

No comments:

Post a Comment